The Director of Global Education provides strategic leadership and oversight for undergraduate global education at Duke Kunshan University. Working closely with the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, as well as DKU administrators and faculty, the Director will develop programs, policies, and procedures for both outbound study away at Duke and other universities and incoming non-degree programs. The Director will also represent the Office of Global Education at university functions and promote global education programs to internal and external stakeholders.
Dean of Undergraduate Studies, DKU
1. Strategy and Planning
o Sets strategic goals for outbound and inbound Study Away for DKU.
o Establishes and maintains institutional partnerships and exchange agreements.
o Develops inbound study programs for non-degree students studying at DKU, including exchange and direct enroll students, as well as Duke students.
o Develops and maintains crisis, risk management and emergency response protocols for DKU students abroad.
o Identifies and seeks internal and external funding opportunities for students and programs.
o Develops processes, policies, and procedures relating to students engaged in both credit and non-credit bearing activities abroad.
2. Operations and Management
o Oversees the Office of Global Education, including personnel and financial management.
o Serves as lead for user implementation of Terra Dotta, in close coordination with DKU IT, including identification of process and reporting requirements.
o Manages cross-campus collaborations with faculty, academic units and administrative offices on global education initiatives.
3. Service and Representation
o Markets and promotes both inbound and outbound study away opportunities.
o Represents Global Education at university functions, including admissions, recruiting, and parent events.
o Hosts visiting delegations from Duke and other institutions, including agenda coordination and event promotion, in areas relevant to Global Education.
4. Assessment and Evaluation
o Coordinates assessment of both inbound and off-campus studies and activities, in collaboration with the Office of Assessment.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
6. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Master’s degree in a related higher education field is required. Doctorate is preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an international education office.
3. Must possess leadership, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
4. Excellent written, verbal, and intercultural communication skills.
5. Open and collaborative mindset.
6. Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
7. Must be able to manage multiple demands in a setting of high faculty and student contact and interaction.
8. Fluent in English. Knowledge of Mandarin is desirable but not required.
9. Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
1. Experience living, working, or studying abroad is preferred.
2. Experience working with Terra Dotta or similar database is preferred.
3. Experience developing and administering budgets is preferred.
4. Experience in both Chinese and US higher education is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Applications sent by other means will NOT be considered.