The Admissions Officer is a member of the Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid team in the Office of China Enrollment Management. The key responsibility is to manage the application management system, follow the application evaluation policies and procedures, and perform data analysis to admit talented students for the unique liberal arts undergraduate education program at Duke Kunshan University.
Manager of Admissions and Financial Aid
1. Analyze the applications of prospective students based on standard admission policies and perform preliminary review of applications as appropriate.
2. Provide assistance in admissions quota management.
3. Advice both internal and external stakeholders about the admissions procedure, eligibility for admissions/application, and to answer any procedural or technical issues related to application submission.
4. Prepare, review and summarize various admissions reports and documents, draft background documents, and incoming and outgoing communication as necessary.
5. Analyze the merit-based data and need-based financial aid applicants based on standard policies and perform preliminary review as appropriate.
6. Provide assistance in scholarships and financial aid quota management.
7. Advice both internal and external stakeholders about the details of scholarships and financial aid schemes and to answer any procedural or technical issues related to document submission.
8. Prepare, review and summarize various scholarships and financial aid reports, draft background documents, and incoming and outgoing communication as necessary.
9. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
10. Receive and interact with incoming visitors, answer phone calls and respond to emails from applicants and partner organizations.
11. Support the management of the team budget, including planning and records keeping, financial matters related to the team, and track expenses for projects and prepare expense reports.
12. Other tasks assigned by the line manager.
13. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Candidate should possess at least an undergraduate degree. Graduate degree is preferred.
2. Working experience in Higher Education is highly preferable, but not required.
3. Passionate about career development in the higher education sector.
4. Ability to resolve complex administrative problems independently.
5. Excellent organizational skills and excellent problem-solving ability.
6. Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential.
7. Strong command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
8. Must have good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Willingness to learn new software is preferable.
9. Ability to work within a team environment.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn
Applications sent by other means will NOT be considered.